Easter at HopeUC
Celebrate Easter at HopeUC. We will be having a live Good Friday Service with Acoustic Worship, Communion and a Message.
Then it all concludes with our Easter Sunday Celebration as we celebrate the resurrection of our savior! There are so many great things planned for the service that you don’t want to miss.
SHARE HOPE BY SPREADING THE WORD
Easter is one of the times of year that our friends and family are most likely to join us for church when we invite them. We know that often the hardest part is getting the conversation going and we want to help. You can simply copy and paste the information here or feel free to adjust it to make it your own. Keep in mind:
- Don’t count on others, anyone can invite someone to church.
- Tell your story of what the church has done for you.
- Invite them. “Will you join me?” or “I’ll save you a seat.”
Examples of conversation starters:
- I know Easter is right around the corner already, do you have any plans for that weekend?
- What does your Easter weekend look like this year?
Here is an example of a personal invitation:
- “If you don’t have any plans for Easter, I’d love to have you come with me to church. The church is laid-back and has some special things planned. I would like to save you a seat. I’ll reach out to you a few days before and you can let me know if you can make it.”
Here are some examples of text or social media invitations:
Social media is a great place to invite others. It is good to share the church’s posts, but it is even better to personally share our posts to specific individuals as a personal invitation via Instagram DM’s.
- Hi there! I hope you’re staying safe. I wanted to invite you to go to church with me on Easter. The Easter Sunday services are at 9 am, 10:30 am, and 12 pm. I’d love to have you join me, let me know and I’ll save you a seat.
- Hey there! Easter Weekend is coming up at Hope UC. We are having three Easter Sunday services (9 am, 10:30 am, and 12 pm). It would be great to see you there.
- Hey! I know Easter weekend is coming up soon and I’m super excited since the church was not able to come together last year. I know this year is going to be super special and I wouldn’t want anyone to miss it! I could save you some seats, just let me know!
- Hi! I’m excited for Easter this year since my church is back in the building and has a special Easter planned. Times are 9 am, 10:30 am, and 12 pm. Let me know if you can join us, I’d love to see you there!
Examples for invitations to watch online:
- My church is having a special Easter service. I’ll be watching the 10:30 am service online and I thought it could be fun to watch at the same time. You can find out more and see the service here – https://hopeuc.com/la/church-online/.
- I miss seeing you at (work, school, event). I hope you’re staying safe! I know Easter weekend is coming up soon and I am super excited because my church is now having in-person and online services. You can check out the times here: https://hopeuc.com/la/church-online/. Let me know which service you will watch and I’d love to join you online!
Additional ideas that may help remove stress for both you and your guest(s):
- “Let’s meet in the parking lot, so we can walk in together.”
- “We have great teachers that work with the children and create a friendly and safe place for the kids to have a lot of fun each week.”
- “I’ll get you something to drink when you get there, we have a café that makes really good coffee.”
- “I can pick you up if you need me to.”
Don’t worry if they ask questions, we can answer any questions when they join us.Lastly, be encouraged, most people come to Christ because of an invitation. You can do this, invite them!